Friday, December 4, 2015

A TV SHOW I WILL LOVE—FOREVER!



Have you ever watched a television show that just grabbed you? I’ve never been much of a TV watcher, but for some pesky reason, the advertisement for FOREVER tugged at my imagination.  A man who is immortal? Not only that, but he’s a gorgeous hunk with a British accent, a sense of humor, and a two hundred year old history that he wears very well. So, I decided to DVR the show (I’m an early riser, and I hate commercials), and after watching the first episode, I was hooked!
I bought and downloaded each episode – twenty-two in all – as soon as it became available on Amazon Video. I told myself I’d made an incredible find – a TV show that was refreshingly different from the rest of the sitcom/reality show mania out there. Now if only ABC would quit preempting it! Then as a final straw, they cancelled it! I was shocked. Heartbroken. How could they not give this incredible show a second season?
That was when I discovered I wasn’t alone. Thousands of other Forever fans rallied to join fan groups and sign a petition. We were determined to save this amazing show. By the way, if you haven’t signed the petition yet, here’s your chance: https://www.change.org/p/warner-brothers-warner-brothers-fans-love-the-tv-show-forever. As of this writing, the petition is 109,253 strong and still growing. FOREVER is loved world-wide. Just take a look on Twitter. Fans are united in their love for this unique, endearing television show.
As a romance author (after all, deep down FOREVER is a romantic suspense), I decided to write about it. This terrific, prematurely cancelled television show will not be lost as long as we fans keep our love for it alive. Please join me here each week (that is, if I don’t get preempted), to discuss each episode, the amazing cast, and showcase some terrific Forever artwork.

Until then, I remain Jayne Nichols, Forever Fan.

1 comment:

  1. I love this show, too!! I look forward to reading about it here! 🌸

    ReplyDelete